- write a post with eight random facts/habits about themselves and the rules of the meme
- at the end of that post, list eight other bloggers that they tag to write similar posts, likewise including the rules)
- leave comments on the "tagees" blogs to warn them about the meme.
1. A Northern Bobwhite protested at our wedding - not the "if anyone can show just cause why these two should not be joined" part (which we omitted from our self-administered vows), but just the fact that there was a crowd of people in his territory.
2. Our honeymoon was an intimate, romantic, five-week tropical biology field course to Belize with fifteen other people.
3. Tom found the first Siberian Tit nest in the U.S. in 1996 on a float trip down the Canning River with Pete and Linda Dunne, Clay and Pat Sutton, and Bob Dittrick and Lisa Moorehead of Wilderness Birding Adventures.
4. One of Sheri's favorite books of all time is One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss, and she can recite it from memory on command.
5. Tom once had a pet otter named Gus (short for Augustus).
6. Sheri once headed up the North Texas Herpetological Society's Reptile Rescue program, intervening on behalf of such imperiled herps as a "7-foot python" that turned out to be a 5-foot Western Coachwhip and a real Ball Python abandoned in a condo.
7. Tom's high school garage band, The Guild, reunited for their 35th high school reunion and has played several gigs since, despite the fact that the members live in four states.
8. Sheri's first book, "published" at age 4, was a work of speculative natural history entitled Turtles of Tomorrow.
Now, we "tag" the following bloggers, hoping desperately that none of them get tagged by someone else before they moderate our blog comments: